Moving On

2 comments
For quite some time I have been mentioning the fact that we [husband and I] are finally moving out of our first place together and into a lovely new house that we had built just for the two of us. We have been crazy excited for months; picking out all the appliances, choosing paint and carpet colors, getting to actually have a bbq because now we have a yard. Completely wrapped up in it all, the date had come for us to start packing  up and leave our 2 bedroom apartment. When the time came I just simply couldn't do it. I had boxes and bubble wrap in my car waiting to attack all the crap inside, and yet I just stood there in my living room, incapable of moving. I looked around and got a little teary-eyed.

This was our very first place together. Our first year of marriage took place here. As I looked around at all the little trinkets and knick knacks that filled these rooms, all the memories came rushing back. We were a married couple here, and we had to make unanimous married -couple decisions. From everything on how to decorate to where things would go, how the tv would be placed, what comforter would be unisex enough for both of us to agree on, everything happened here. We had never been together on our own due to the military always separating us, so this is where we learned each other's habits and pet peeves. Learned to get along happily amidst the random quirks that made up our personalities and clashed together.

I'm an extremely sentimental person, sometimes more than I probably should be [I can't help it!] And I had to admit that even though this place had its cons, [that sometimes irked the hell out of us] I was going to miss this place. And he admitted it, too. So I decided to take pictures of it.

Here is our first place, our apartment:

Outside
[bottom level]

Dining Room
[red, black/ music themed]

Living Room
[red, black/ music themed]


Kitchen
[red]

Hallway

Laundry Room

Spare room
[Alice, butterflies, colors]

Bathroom
[green, leaves]

Master bedroom
[blue, black/ Bettie Page]

Now I can look back at it forever <3
And if you looked through all of that you deserve a big bear hug!
*HUGS*






















SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. I know it will be so hard to leave your first place, you have so many memories there, but just think of all the memories you have waiting for you at your new house! And you will be able to make your gardens and have fun decorating a whole new house. I love your style in your apartment, and I love how many photos you had, oh and your dining room set too - how pretty! Have a great weekend, friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had taken some pictures of our place before we moved! It was such a dump though so I think there was a part of me that didn't want to see the pictures haha :) It would have been good to have though to look back at someday and see where we started :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig