It Was All for this Moment..

3 comments
Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

I am so completely worn out. Exhausted doesn't even begin to describe the way I feel. For those of you who don't know, my husband is in the military and is up for a promotion today. In the Army you don't just take a test and see if you pass. You must get in your Dress Blues[their fancy suit] and stand completely still in front of a panel of high sergeants asking you a shit ton of random questions about the entire Army branch.

Most soldiers get weeks to months to prepare for this moment. J had 5 days. I don't know what his Sergeant Major was thinking, but this put an incredibly large amount of pressure on J. I have never seen him so stressed out before. He's probably the most cool and collected person I have ever met and he was seriously losing his shit. He started smoking again. He quit last June.

My hand is so sore from writing literally hundreds of flash cards[we went through 3-180 pks of index cards] and J is so fried from having to memorize all of them. Anyone who complains about college finals gets absolutely no sympathy from me. At one point J looked at me and said "I should've just went to college."

The left stack is what he knows and the right stack is what he doesn't know

We gave up everything this weekend. I did not cook[he didn't want to waste time] I did not clean, and I did not leave the house. Did I have homework of my own to do? Yes. Was my house a mess? Always. Did I want to go out this weekend? Of coarse. But my man was in need and I was not going to sit by and watch him suffer. I did everything I possibly could to help and encourage him when he started to get overwhelmed and give up hope. My husband needed me.

So no matter what happens, whether he fails or passes- I am so incredibly proud of him. I know he is a very intelligent man, but I am extremely impressed at how he handled this situation and was able to obtain so much information in such a little amount of time. I am honored to call him my husband.

Good luck today sweetheart.







Linking up with Sami

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. Well, that's very sweet of you to help him so much.

    I wish him all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet :) Good luck to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is pretty awesome wifey duty of you :)
    I wish him luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig