Summer of Books

4 comments
Hello, my name is Megalin and I'm a hardcore bookworm.

I've had this addiction since I was a wee chitlin, getting caught reading underneath my desk during science and math in grade school. I read for pleasure, getting swept away in another world and escaping the one I live in. Once I pick up a book it's very hard for me to put it back down without finishing it completely. I will ignore everything going on around me and confine myself in silence if I have to. It's a real problem.

Another major problem with this is I tend to buy more books before reading the ones I already have. I can't help it. This is why I just simply need my own library. Like Belle. She was livin the dream with that room Beast presented her. Why can't J be as accepting for my love of novels?

The main thing with me is reading a series. I have this OCD thing with starting a book that has a sequel to it. I refuse to read one if I know it's in a series and I do not possess them all. This only further feeds my addiction since I must buy them before cracking them open. It's very frustrating actually. I have quite the amount just sitting on my shelves waiting for their partners to join them. Slowly but surely they get added. I now have 4 full series I can start and I'm so excited! Plus a bunch of other books I've been meaning to get into and some that I've recently purchased.

So I figured since I now have time on my hands and it's July that I should make a reading list for Summer.
Feel free to join me if you like!
Yay books!



Incarceron Series by Catherine Fisher
Incarceron
Sapphique


Wonderous Strange Trilogy by Lesley Livingston
Wonderous Strange
Darklight
Tempestuous


The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen
Luxe
Rumors
Envy
Splendor


Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr
Wicked Lovely
Ink Exchange
Fragile Eternity
Radiant Shadows
Darkest Mercy


A Mermaid's Ransom by Shauna Abe
A Nameless Witch by A. Lee Martinez
Aurelie: A Faerie Tale by Heather Tomlinson
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson
The Fortune of Carmen Navarro by Jennifer Bryant
Gawain and Lady Green by Anne Eliot Crompton
Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantasky

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantasky
The Last Mermaid by Shauna Abe
Raven by Allison van Diepen
Uninvited by Amanda Marrone

As you can tell I adore teen- fiction fantasy, specifically mystical and mythological. I just love getting sucked into a completely different world of all these magical creatures and I feed off romance. Because if you're going to escape why not do it with something awesome and surreal. And trust me, if you think that's a lot there's wayyyyy more where that came from. I have a 4-page, 2-column list of books that I want. It's a never-ending process. Happy reading everyone!


post signature
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. I've been trying my hardest to win more books from goodreads so far I havent received any

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days I read for non-fiction than fiction. It has been a while since I read a good story.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do this! Have you read the other boleyn girl series? My alll time favorite author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love booklists!! I am a bookworm too, especially poolside!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig