The Messy Project Reveal

10 comments

I cannot tell you how excited I am to be apart of this month's Messy Project! I signed up months ago in hopes that one day I would get an email saying it would be my chance! And what better month than August!

If you've been paying any attention to my constant rambling then you are well aware that I am in no way girly or fashion forward at all. I have no idea how to style myself or even act like a proper girl. True story. I've been making several attempts to get into hair, makeup, and all that shit in hopes that it will one day rub off on me and I'll magically be transformed into a smokin hot woman in the coolest outfits, aka Katy Perry. 

When I stumbled upon Kelly's blog I instantly fell in love. She was making a statement both to herself, women, and fashion in general; bringing a quirky and unique twist to how she styles herself and looks at an outfit. My kinda girl. I knew I just HAD to be apart of her vision, and that it would help me with my journey to awesomeness. Hopefully I succeeded in some small way.

The item I received was:
A black&white striped maxi

When I opened my package I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. Not in Kelly's choice, but the fact that I was looking forward to breaking out of my comfort zone with something I wouldn't normally buy for myself. I would buy this for myself. In fact, I actually have three dresses that look like this. So at first I was pretty bummed. However, it was still a challenge to think out of the box. My first instinct was to pair this with my burgundy leather jacket and steel grey buckle boots.

Instead
 I decided to turn the dress into a low-waisted skirt and go for a
 relaxed "beach babe" vibe. 


Paired with:
Loose waves// Hair
Woven crop-top// Wet Seal
Bead bracelets// Icing
Butterfly ring// Claire's
Snake ring// Claire's
Neon bracelets// Gift

All of these pictures prove that J should never be a photographer and I should not look into modeling as a career. My failed attempt in curling my hair didn't surprise me at all. It also didn't bother me considering I wasn't at a real beach but my neighborhood's tiny pond. We'll pretend, though. I went barefoot with minimal makeup to keep with the natural look. So how did I do?

Make sure to check out the others!

Samantha @ Hooah and Hiccups



 photo signature-19.png
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

10 comments

  1. I love what you did with it! So different

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart thinking! It easily can go as a skirt and it look awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you do it? did you tuck in the top part?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have NEVER thought to do this but it is so pretty!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. You;re so cute!!! I love it! I can't wait to get picked. ALSO, like everyone, how did you tuck it in??

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha you are probably the first person to say they wanted something different and what they usually wouldn't buy. i love that. please sign up again and I will make sure you get something funky. but back to this outfit...um hello i LOVE what you did! SO creative!!! and skinnnny miniiiiii!! i never would've thought of doing this!! i LOVE it and i love how you're showing a completely different way to wear the maxi. you look so pretty! THANK YOU so much for all your hard work! it was SO much fun to have you and i love that you thought outside of the box and tried something new! please play again anytime!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with this outfit! And what a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have thought to make it into a skirt! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig