Dance Like No One's Watching

3 comments
Hellooooooo

So I can sit here and explain my absence for the past couple of weeks, or I can just keep writing like nothing ever happened. I'm going with option 2. [because let's face it- do you really wanna hear that sappy ass story? I didn't think so]

I've decided that I need to suck it up and make some changes in my life:

#1- Start blogging again. Whatever rut I'm in needs to get over itself and just fucking do it.
#2- Eat clean. I'm not working anymore which means junk food at Megan's fingertips. No bueno.
#3- Go running. I've been wanting to for over a month and it needs to happen. My ass can no longer bum it on the couch. No excuses.
#4- Work out. Doesn't matter how, whether it's gym time, cardio, or doing Zumba on the Wii. It must be done.
#5- Act like I care. Said rut is ruining my mood and therefore my relationships with people. I'm being very anti-social lately and that shit needs to stop.

So today I did numbers 3 and 4. That's right- I actually ran. I only did one lap around my block [which is pretty big] and got a bad pain in my side. How do people do that shit for miles? I once went to the gym and a woman had probably already been running for awhile and she was still running after I left, which was like 2 hours later. Bitches be cray. How the hell do they do this? Do I need to build up momentum? Any runners out there feel free to give me tips because I'm clueless. I legit haven't ran, and I mean ran, since like sophmore year of high school. That's a long time, people.

So that was only about 20 minutes of running. But whatever, I did it. Then I went straight to the living room and did a bunch of squats and shit til my thighs screamed at me. I didn't wanna push it too much because I immediately turned on the Wii and did Zumba for 90 minutes. That shit is no joke. I seriously underestimated the intensity it would bring to the table and was sweating up a storm. Also, I'm pretty sure I looked like a complete douchebag while doing it. I got paranoid a couple of times thinking my neighbors could see through my window and were making fun of me. Oh well, I guess that's why they say dance like no one is watching, cause if they were I don't think I'd ever be able to show my face again. I'm that bad. My legs are now throbbing so I can shove that in J's face. He never believes me when I say I did something other than sit on the couch and watch Netflix all day. In my defense, I get up to clean the house and what not so there.
But yeah, it may not sound like much, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself. It's a start and I'm not gonna stop. I can't stop. Damn you Miley! Get outta my head you whore! Anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted- I'm going to keep at this every single day and hopefully feel a lot better about myself. Even if I don't see results, as long as I feel them- I'll be good. Something in my life needs to happen, I think this is a good starting point.
 photo signature-19.png
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. Wii Zumba is serious business! It's fun, but a crazy workout. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahoo. GO YOU!!! :) good job on getting up and exercising! Welcome back :) we missed you

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig