The Transition Period.

3 comments
I hate this very much.

What is the transition period? It's the time in which you have to wait in between dying your hair colors. You see, I've been every single color of the rainbow [I'd prove it but my laptop w/all hs pics was stolen] but the one color I loathe the most is blonde. That is not my color. Like, at all. I was not made to be blonde and the color knows it. It makes a very big effort to make me look ugly, like Cinderella's evil step-sisters ugly.

Exhibit A
[don't mind the gay pose, I was 17]

I decided my hair needed something new and fresh and realized I haven't dyed it in a super long time, especially red. The last time I was red was Halloween 2011. Well, for Halloween 2013 it shall be red again! But before I can be an awesome, sassy redhead I have to lighten my hair to make sure it'll take and I get a more vibrant red than a subtle auburn color, cause who wants that? Plus I specifically chose a costume to go with my hair, so that's muy importante. 

Yesterday I finally went ahead and bleached my locks. It sucked. Most people don't know that your head radiates heat, and bleach is activated by heat, therefore you are supposed to start at the tips and work your way up to your scalp to ensure you don't have a highlighter top and dark bottom. Since my hair is so long I figured it wouldn't be a problem and the ends would have plenty of time to lighten by the time I got to my scalp. Yeahhhh that didn't work out so much.

I freaked the fuck out when I got out of the shower and looked at my head. I was like did my hair even change cause it still looks dark! I was panicking that I would have to drive all the way to the other side of town where the only Sally's is and spend more money buying more bleach just to do the ends. The costume party J and I are throwing is on Saturday and I need to make sure my hair is red by then. preferrably Thursday or Friday. You can technically dye your hair 24 hours after bleaching it, but I wanted a little time as a "blonde" so I don't completely fry my hair. After 10 years and countless colors I'm not sure how much more my hair can take. It's super thin and my mom is amazed it hasn't fallen out by now. She says I'll be bald by 40. We shall see.

Good news is when it dried it didn't look like total shit so I'm hoping the red will take with what I have. I'm trying to make the best of it these next couple days because I personally think it's god awful, but whatevs. Take a gander and judge for yourself.

My bright scalp



Party on Wayne, party on Garth.
 photo signature-19.png
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. I've been coloring my hair for about 10 years myself, my parents always say your gonna be bald by 40 also, LOL. Hopefully we prove them wrong! Can't wait to see your red hair :) Have a good evening/night girly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I can't wait to see you red! That is my usual color but for this year I am going dark so I just did mine dark! I hate being blonde, too. But I don't think this looks too bad on you!!!! At least it isn't bright orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you look bad as a blonde at all. And that hat in the last couple of pictures - adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig