DIY Popcorn Tin Transformation

2 comments
I may not have big pets that cause chaos around this house, but I do have little quill babies that have more stuff than I know what to do with. Yes, they are super spoiled.
Normally all their shit is strewn about their room [yes, they have their own bedroom] but lately I've been getting tired of looking at it all. I devised a plan to make it easier to hide all their things while still being able to access it whenever I need to. The toys, blankets, and extra cage accessories were shoved into the closet but I was stumped on what to do with all their food.

I wasn't kidding when I said they have a shit ton of food. I usually just combine a little bit of each and put it in a ziploc baggie, however I'm getting sick of doing it each week. Such a damn hassle. Then- EUREKA! A light bulb went off in my head that was so simple I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it already.

I recently purchased a Christmas popcorn tin while out grocery shopping the other day and realized it would be the perfect container to hold that much food. I just needed to dress it up a bit and I would have the most adorable food bin. Thank god I'm a crafty SOB and have all supplies already, but if you don't they're all fairly cheap.


What you'll need:

-Popcorn tin
 [$5 at Walmart]
-Scrapbook paper
 [57 cents at Hobby Lobby]
-Paint brush
-Ribbon
-Modge podge
[$5 at Hobby Lobby]
-Scissors
-Tape



You could go the easy route and use spray paint, but I already had everything and I wanted a cute design. You could also add stickers if you wanted to label what you're storing. The directions are fairly simple to the point where I don't really need to write them but I'll do it anyway cause I'm awesome like that.


//I used 3 sheets of paper to fit all the way around and put a little bit of tape to hold the ends in place. 
//I then cut the excess paper along the top. 
//I didn't take a picture of the next steps as they are fairly obvious, but I realized I needed to cut along that top line that you can see from the inside of the tin so that the lid can still fit. 
//I lifted the paper and put a tad bit of modge podge underneath to hold the paper in place and removed the tape. 
//Then modge podge all over that thing! Be careful to do it slowly so you don't create air bubbles, then wait an hour or two until it dries.
// I didn't do anything to the lid since it was already black but you can spray paint that as well or use chalkboard paint to write on it. 
//Once it's dried add a ribbon and voila! All done!




Now I have the perfect container to store all of the babies food. It will remain fresh because of the air tight lid and is easily accessible and right next to their cage. Nice.
 photo signature-19.png
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. popcorn is my favorite thing ever. this is a great idea!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty awesome! Good momma :) Good thinking

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig