Deployment Countdown

10 comments
Happy Hump Day!
Mine is actually quite happy since I'm off. Yay me! Except I gotta fill it with a shit ton of errands. Is there ever such a thing as a relaxing day off? Gotta send the boy his birthday package, so stay tuned for that! Speaking of the boy, I ordered a custom calendar to represent the time we have left until he comes back, it came in awhile ago but me being lazy- I'm barely getting to it now.





I completely love this thing. I was perusing the interwebz [mostly Pinterest] for something to have to show the days pass by until my husband is back in my arms. I kept coming across number blocks and jars filled with marbles that you put into a different jar or "kisses from daddy" that you eat each night. Basically a way to empty something as each day passes. I didn't want that. I wanted something I could cross off and actually see that days were done. I didn't want a regular calendar because then I'd have to flip pages and I wanted his entire deployment in front of me. Bottom line is I wanted a giant piece of paper as big as my fridge- which is what I got.

August 2nd is our anniversary in case you were wondering. And the heart in between September and October is the time frame in which he will be back- hopefully. I had posted this on Facebook and a bunch of my friends were confused as to all the writing and lines and circles around the numbers. Facepalm. Because there aren't little boxes for each day, different things still need to be represented. Weekends are in bold, the day is underneath and if it's a holiday it's on top. The most important thing to me is the red X that gets to be placed on each number every night. It makes me happy seeing that this month is almost done and J is that much closer to being home.

Can we just fast forward this year already?



*Update* 09/22/15
This post has gotten a lot of traffic due to Pinterest ladies going berserk. I didn't create the calendar myself, but if you want one click here. All I did was remove the bubble wrap so I could scribble on it. Hope this helps!

 photo signature-19.png
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

10 comments

  1. I wish I had this when I went through two deployments with my husband. What a great idea! Stay strong girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea, but Mac isn't coming home until next January. I really don't want a countdown that has two years on it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome calendar! I love how you can see all the days on the one section rather than having to flip through the months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get this from? Would love to get one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get this from? Would love to get one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a little searching :) and I believe she got this one and took off the bubble wrap: https://www.bubblecalendar.com

      Delete
  6. Love this! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a little searching :) and I believe she got this one and took off the bubble wrap: https://www.bubblecalendar.com

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig