Frozen

3 comments
Sunday night my boss told me to rush home before 5 because a big storm was coming. I did not know how right he was. It started hailing around 6 and didn't stop all night, I know because I went to bed at 2 in the morning and it was only getting worse. It looked like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs outside, pouring snow cones in my front yard. If only I could have eaten my way out of the driveway, I would have been fine.

The next morning I woke up to this...


Yes, my Christmas lights are still up. Not because I'm lazy, but because it's colder than a snowman's testicles outside and I'm not going to willingly venture out into it just to take them down. I mean, this shit made it's way up to my porch. This white powder may look pretty, and in all honesty I wish I had a dog and/or baby to use an excuse to go play in it, but it made for extremely dangerous conditions. The whole town shut down. I'm not kidding. Schools have been closed since Monday and so has post. No one dared venture out there let alone drive, unless to of course go sledding. There were over 100 accidents reported between 5 and 8 Monday morning. Yeah, fuck that.

So I got to sit my happy ass on my couch and have a Reign marathon and get swept away in French [made up] history. No school or work for this girl!...... well that was all fine and dandy until it didn't go away. One snow day is fine, but three? Now you're messing with people's lives nature! Because of the layer of ice underneath, everything that did melt re-froze overnight and this was Tuesday...


That's my driveway and side yard by my kitchen. I had to use it to go all the way around to the other side of my backyard to try and find my shovel. It is frozen solid. Can you see my footprints? They didn't sink at all. Guess who had to try and clear their car and driveway so they could go to work the next day? Yep. For anyone who has ever said women cant do shit- take one fucking look at my driveway. It may have taken me over 2 hours, but it got done and my car didn't get stuck, unlike the rest of the town. 

What hurt me the most is while I was struggling to plow the chunks of ice, tons and I mean TONS of neighbors saw me and did nothing. No one offered to help the tiny excuse of a girl who can barely lift her own body weight let alone 20 feet of ice. Thanks a lot assholes. So much for Southern hospitality- I saw none of it.

Today isn't any better and I'm hoping all this melts by the weekend. So hear me out Elsa- it looks like god damn Frozen outside! So unless you plan on giving me my own Olaf to play with, knock it off and give me the sun back.

Sincerely, me.

 photo signature-19.png
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. That movie is my new favorite! I just wish real life wasn't echoing the entire thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot of snow! I'm glad that you are staying home and being safe - I wouldn't venture out in it unless it was an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for a minute there i thought this post was gonna be about the movie. :( bummer it wasnt and no gifs either
    :( yea mother nature and her fling with jack frost is getting ridiculous. hope it melts soon. where are you located?

    Am I a bad blogger? Honestly? http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/am-i-bad-blogger.html

    Would love for you to come join my hop @ http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig