Downtown Adventures

Leave a Comment


Living 45 minutes away from Nashville for the past 4 years, you'd think my ass wouldn't be a tourist anymore. Truth be told I really only venture out there to go to the mall on occasion and when I have to get dropped off at the airport. You're probably reading that going 'the fuck Megan? That's it?' Well it was kinda ruined for me when I had to drive out there every single fucking Monday for 4 hours to attend college the first 2 years. So yeah, I wanted no part in that damn town.

Cue to today and I'm now realizing I have been wasting golden opportunities to explore a pretty rad city. I may loathe country music with a fiery burning passion- but even I have to admit it's still pretty awesome getting to go from Los Angeles and the rock music scene that cultivated from there, to basically a different version of the same city in the South and their music scene.

The bestie and I packed up the chitlin and headed downtown late Monday afternoon. I instantly regretted not putting my hair in a topknot the moment we stepped out of the car. Hot as balls I tell you. I'm amazed the baby did so well. She's adventurous just like us and was loving the busy city streets. Pretty sure people watching was her favorite. She got to do it from the comfort of a stroller, the lucky brat. 

We cruised Broadway first- checking out souvenir shops among the many, many bars. Too many to count. Then headed up 3rd for The Country Music Hall of Fame and some yummy Mexican. After a couple hours of braving the humid heat of the South we got a double scoop from Mike's Ice Cream Shop and headed back to the car. I was sweating buckets- it was super attractive. Honestly how did I not die? I was totally hungover from peach sangria the night before, so I think I deserve a medal from that outing.

Next trip- East Nashville.

 photo lips_zpsry2l0f1j.jpg
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 What are your thoughts?:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you lovelies! It makes my heart flutter knowing I am loved so expect a reply!

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig